[TYPO3-core] RFC #8697: Warnings when using MySql 4.0

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 14 11:24:25 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Can we get this in now? It's only a small sane check and does not
>> justify all this musings about supported versions of Mysql.
>
> Committed. 4.2 did not want to commit php file for the first time, so I
> had to run a second commit. Do not know what happened to my svn...

I'm sorry I don't like this change. MySQL 4.0 is not supported by TYPO3, and
if we deal with this problem now, then we will also have to deal with it
later (see my last note on enabling collation support in t3lib_install).

Please revert the change. In Trunk I would even encourage you to introduce a
blocker if MySQL 4.0 is found (in fact, the query returns with an error).

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out