[TYPO3-core] RFC #8649: Bug: No check on memory_limit in class.tx_impexp.php

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Jul 12 14:15:05 CEST 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> How often do you expect your users to use impexp?

Not really often. Truly speaking never used myself for import, only did export two or three times :)

> Would you feel better if the memory limit setting for impexp would have
> to changed from the installer? Of course it would have to be more a
> general value for all importing/exporting features, eg also for fetching
> translations or an update of the extension list.

Yes, this would be great. Something like "Larger memory limit for memory-hungry modules". In fact, it is ideal solution because I would prefer to have one memory limit for EM-like modules and another for the rest of the system. Your idea is the best.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team