[TYPO3-core] RFC #8649: Bug: No check on memory_limit in class.tx_impexp.php

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sat Jul 12 13:25:36 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>> Which admin wants to block users from using a feature which the user has
>> permission to use? If the memory limit is 32 MB (that is sufficient in
>> many
>> cases) we still know that impexp usually needs more - a lot more -
>> memory.
>
> Michael, did you read what I wrote actually? Admin can set memory_limit
> in Install tool exactly for this purpose! This is system wide setting
> and it must be the absolute maximum! Read the description of the
> setting! People will not expect TYPO3 to disobey this value.
>
> If admin wants people to use import/export, he should set sufficient
> memory_limit in Install tool. This is my idea. And it is fully inline
> with current implementation, for example, Extension Manager. I do not
> see why import/export should behave differently from Extension Manager.
> Extension Manager uses system wide memory_limit, so should
> import/export. Otherwise we will end up setting memory_limit in every
> module in the system. Is this what you want really?

I can imagine that we add a memory limit field to be set in the EM to
impexp. Generally I think that such a special tool like impexp should
use all the memory it can et (via php.ini), so an extra config is ok (I
don't like hardcoded limnits).

Mysql has also different (memory) setting for different parts of the
system (server, CLI, CLI-dumper, etc). So why can't we?

Masi