[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8515: Speed up tslib_cObj->getTreeList by caching its results

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 11 17:43:28 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Reminder

There are certain very minor things that I'd like to change in the patch.

Firsts, there are "TRUE", "foreach(" and "if(" that should be "true", "foreach (" and "if (". I know I am too pedantic but still...

Next, code can be optimized near line 69 of the patch:

--------------
foreach($additionalTreelistUpdateFields as $additionalTreelistUpdateField) {
	$this->updateRequiringFields[] = $additionalTreelistUpdateField;
}
--------------

can be

$this->updateRequiringFields += $additionalTreelistUpdateFields;

or even without $additionalTreelistUpdateFields, just trimExplode...

Next, we know that md5hash is always 32 chars. Should varchar be changed to char? That makes easier for MySQL to build index because length is fixed all the time. Engine is InnoDB, thanks a lot for this :)

Patch looks good to me. Code is very clean (I am truly impressed by your coding!). I did not run it but I trust you did and snowflakes (Stucki) did, so I am willing to give +1 by review if you consider the things above. They are not mandatory but I think they can make this feature a bit more effective.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team