[TYPO3-core] RFC #8270: Bugfix: Hardcoded labels in title-attributes in backends right upper corner icons

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 11 16:05:47 CEST 2008

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>
>> On behalf of translation team: no objection or problem from our side on
>> adding new files to stable version. Stable versions will get these labels
>> anyway because language packs are the same for all TYPO3 versions. So
>> fixing these problems in stable branches gives us only incentives...
>
> Are you sure? What if a label has been converted from hardcoded to
> localizable form but is not translated yet? It should fall back to the
> default language, but is the locallang-cache really updated yet?

If there is no translation, the label will be shown in "default" language. This is how it works now. There are some strings in the core, which are not translated. English is shown instead. Translation is overlaid on the default to prevent empty strings in BE.

locallang cache is updated if time stamp of source locallang file is newer than for a cache file. This happens, for example, when translation is fetched from TER: new locallang files come, TYPO3 finds that time stamp is newer than for the corresponding cache and removes the cache file. Later code recreates a new cache file. This is a bit simplified description but it is correct in general.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team