[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8939: Menu sitemap doesn't respect pages field

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 11 15:44:40 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> The problem that appears if we hide the "pages" field when this is
> selected, is that you cannot make a sitemap from a different starting
> point. The "Menu of subpages" only goes to the next level, while the
> "Sitemap" goes 7 levels deep.
>
> So maybe we need another "Menu type" called "Sitemap (from page)" where
> the "pages" field is shown (and used in TS) and "Sitemap (from
> rootpage)" without the "pages" field.

I think we should not confuse "sitemap" term. Sitemap is usually seen as a map of the whole site by visitors, so we should stick to this concept in BE too. But we can have "Map of pages (from page)", similar to "Map of subpages...".

If possible, I'd really like to avoid using sitemap for anything, which does not start at root.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team