[TYPO3-core] RFC #8649: Bug: No check on memory_limit in class.tx_impexp.php

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Jul 11 12:17:46 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> There is a problem with this patch. It uses hard-coded 256M. In fact it
> should NOT set memory limit at all because memory limit is set globally in
> t3lib/config_default.php using the value defined in Install tool. It is
> enough to remove the "@ini_set('memory_limit','256m');" line from
> typo3/sysext/impexp/class.tx_impexp.php to solve the problem.

I agree. Suggestion for improved version:

1. Check memory_limit and max_execution_time
2. If they are too low, keep on using the currently hardcoded value
3. Otherwise do nothing at all (users should set this value in php.ini or
   configure it through localconf.php)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out