[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8939: Menu sitemap doesn't respect pages field

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 11 10:53:44 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote: on 11.07.2008 08:55:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> you're absolutely right.
>> I think the misleading part (include for me) is that in most cases you
>> need menu of subpages, but the CType is named "sitemap" also in new
>> record wizard, and default value is sitemap.
>> This might be one reason why Ernesto's posted TS is used by many people.
>
> Yes, I think so too. You are right.
>
>> I suppose to hide pages field for this entry to clearify, and may be a
>> second wizard for Menu of Subpages?
>
> Also good idea!
>
> We can also rename it from "Sitemap" to "Sitemap (complete)" or even
> "Website map (complete)"? This should go to a new string in locallang,
> of course. Just brainstorming about solutions...

Dmitry, thanks a lot for clarifying, you are absolutely right.

The idea to "rename" is good. I think "Sitemap" is clear enough, but
"Sitemap (from rootpage)" or something might be clearer.

The problem that appears if we hide the "pages" field when this is
selected, is that you cannot make a sitemap from a different starting
point. The "Menu of subpages" only goes to the next level, while the
"Sitemap" goes 7 levels deep.

So maybe we need another "Menu type" called "Sitemap (from page)" where
the "pages" field is shown (and used in TS) and "Sitemap (from
rootpage)" without the "pages" field.

Cheers,
Ernesto