[TYPO3-core] REMINDER#3 RFC #8564: Result of t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue is hardcoded and therefore cannot be translated

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 11 00:27:15 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> I have a question about it. $GLOBALS['LANG'] sometimes unavailable in
>> BE, especially if user is not admin. Have you checked this case?
>>
>> This variable is created only for classes that use typo3/template.php
>> or typo3/ajax.php. If any BE module uses
>> t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue() without template.php or ajax.php,
>> there will be a PHP error.
>
> :o ist that really so?
> I think $GLOBALS['LANG'] is one of the most important in BE and should
> be available all the time.

I agree that it should be always available (created after BE_USER initialization due to language settings). But:

----------------
$ grep "\$LANG =" typo3/*

$ grep "'LANG'] =" typo3/*
typo3/ajax.php:40:$GLOBALS['LANG'] = t3lib_div::makeInstance('language');
typo3/template.php:2035:$GLOBALS['LANG'] = t3lib_div::makeInstance('language');

$

It is created only in these two places.

> Do you remember where this isn't (which module) ?

I know one for sure: TemplaVoila page module. Or take any other module, which does not use template.php.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team