[TYPO3-core] RFC: 8561 Checkboxes and labels are aligned badly if in one line

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 4 12:50:09 CEST 2008

Francois Suter wrote: on 04.07.2008 10:38:

>> was your vacation approved from Stucki? :D
>
> :-D
>
>> I can help out if it's a problem.
>
> Well it's just a question of changing the patch according to the latest
> remarks (IE6 specific styling to ie6.css file) and after that this patch
> has more than enough +1's. So yes, if you could do that, I would be very
> glad.

Ok, someone should have shouted out loud when I suggested to use
ie6.css: This is only loaded in backend.php through a hook, so it is not
avaliable in alt_doc.php for example. :)

So this fix doesn't really do anything for IE6, so we could leave out
the IE6 stuff and postpone that for when someone implements the
behaviours. I think Masi volunteered to do that. ;)

If we add css-classes (class="checkbox") through DOM, we need to use
that classes in CSS also (maybe "ie6.css"). Difficult in this situation
where

   class="alignToInputText"

and in the "regular" (standard-conformant) css we have:

   input["checkbox"].alignToInputText

After DOM transformation in IE6, this would be:

   class="checkbox alignToInputText"

And the rule for IE6 would in fact have to be called:

   input.checkbox.alignToInputText  (both class-selectors required)

which doesn't work well in IE6, AFAIK.

Cheers,
Ernesto