[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8899: [feature] Configuration of uploads and create folder in linkbrowser

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 4 12:15:18 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 04.07.2008 11:44:

>> I was also thinking just about "global settings". So maybe the global
>> one could simply be configured in $TYPO3_CONF?

> yes, makes sense as the page id is not known at this place (or difficult
> to determine)
>
> I've done the modifications
>
> user-/group-TS:
> options.fileTree.uploadFieldsInLinkBrowser = 0
> options.fileTree.hideCreateFolder = 1
>
> in localconf (or whereever)
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['hideCreateFolderInBrowseLinks'] = '1';
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['uploadFieldsInLinkBrowser'] = '0';
>
> remark: should go in documentation, i will take care of.

Either you call it "LinkBrowser" or "BrowseLinks". :)

I just noticed that DAM has a different file-browser which allows the
user to specify how many fields he wants in a select box (5, 10, 20).
Wouldn't that be interesting?

So I would rather like to postpone this fix until the HCI team makes
some remarks on how this should look like (either like in current DAM or
like in your proposal). It is currently just a matter of "taste" to have
it either configurable or user-choosable.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ernesto