[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8899: [feature] Configuration of uploads and create folder in linkbrowser

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 4 11:14:33 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 04.07.2008 10:15:

>> Sound good. Two things:
 >
>> 1) denyCreateFolder should be called hideCreateFolder, because you are
>> not denying it just not displaying the form control. If the user
>> "wants to" he can also submit his own "form" and create a folder, as
>> there is no restriction in doing this.

> you mean hacking? This is possible on more places by submitting the
> right values :-) But does an editor know that?

Doesn't matter what he knows, but if it is called "deny" it implies some
kind of security. If there "other places" where this might be possible,
we should fix them.

> But for sure it can be named with Hide.

Ok. :)

>> 2) couldn't this be set also on pageTS-level, so that we can configure
>> a global for the whole page tree, instead of adding the configuration
>> for every group?

> yes, i also thought this and i didn't because i saw no sense in
> different configurations for different branches of the tree, but you are
> right that it's more easy for a global setting.
> i will make a new patch asap.

I was also thinking just about "global settings". So maybe the global
one could simply be configured in $TYPO3_CONF?

Cheers,
Ernesto