[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8899: [feature] Configuration of uploads and create folder in linkbrowser

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 4 09:37:03 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 03.07.2008 20:54:

> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8899
>
> Branches: trunk

> There is no way to configure count of upload fields here (hardcoded with
> "3")
> There is no way to deny create folder
>
> Attached patch gives the Possibility to configure this
>
> # configure count of upload fields in linkbrowser (default = 3)
> # use 0 if you want no upload fields
> options.fileTree.uploadFieldsInLinkBrowser = 0
> # set this if you want to deny create folder
> options.fileTree.denyCreateFolder = 1
>
> configuration has to take place in BEuser or BEgroup TS.

Sound good. Two things:

1) denyCreateFolder should be called hideCreateFolder, because you are
not denying it just not displaying the form control. If the user "wants
to" he can also submit his own "form" and create a folder, as there is
no restriction in doing this.

2) couldn't this be set also on pageTS-level, so that we can configure a
global for the whole page tree, instead of adding the configuration for
every group?

Cheers,
Ernesto