[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #2988, enable EXPLAIN SELECT in TS admin panel

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jan 31 17:59:39 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

"Michael Stucki" <michael at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201778892.30185.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> If you don't know how this could be useful, have a look here:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/explain.html
>
> - michael
>
> Michael Stucki schrieb:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> after a long and beautiful holiday, I'm back on this list. Great to see
>> the huge amount of fixes and great(!) features that have been
>> implemented in the meantime. Keep up the great work!

welcome back ;-)

>> Here is my first RFC, I plan to send some more and hope to get them
>> committed before 4.2 feature freeze.

i like this feature and vote for it, but didn't tested yet.

May be a general question: should Admin panel grow to a developer (debug)
tool?
I myself does not use extended option of admin panel very often as most
informations doesn't help me to really figure out problems.
Some problems helps like the red errors. Most of the numbers are useless for
my analysis.

Having MySQL Explain should help more the ext developer to see what's going
on on pages. To be more efficient there should be some arrays for extensions
used to give special output in admin panel.

Sry for this general note, but i would like to use it more efficient.

vg  Steffen