[TYPO3-core] RFC #7262: Fixing docheader in the backend modules

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Thu Jan 31 16:25:49 CET 2008

Hi Jeff

Jeff Segars wrote:
> Patrick Broens wrote:
>>  Looks awesome.
> Thanks!
>>  However, this is not related to the docheader. I'm changing the
>> docheaders with all the edit, save, shortcut, etc. buttons. This
>> header will stay on top all the time, so the buttons don't get off of
>> the screen when scrolling.
>
> There actually is some relation here :)  As I mentioned above, things
> like the update button will need to move into the docheader so that
> they don't scroll off the screen either. The tricky thing is that the
> docheader will be defined for the whole template module (i assume),
> but the Constants Editor submodule will need to provide buttons (ie.
> Update button) to the template module docheader.
Ah, I see your point. Would it be ok if I put a 'savedok' icon (the
small disk) in the docheader instead of the big 'Update' button?

This is what you get then:

Constant editor:
'savedok' icon instead of 'Update' button.
Now that I look at it the 'clear all cache' link can be deleted because
this is already available in the top toolbar.

Info/Modify:
'savedok' icon instead of 'Update' button
'closedok' icon instead of 'Cancel' button
Same for 'clear all cache', should be deleted

Typoscript Object Browser:
Delete 'clear all cache'

Template analyzer:
No special remarks

It's possible to adapt this for each module function :-)

Patrick