[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #2988, enable EXPLAIN SELECT in TS admin panel

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Jan 31 12:26:16 CET 2008

Hi folks,

after a long and beautiful holiday, I'm back on this list. Great to see
the huge amount of fixes and great(!) features that have been
implemented in the meantime. Keep up the great work!

Here is my first RFC, I plan to send some more and hope to get them
committed before 4.2 feature freeze.

Problem:
The TS-debugger in adminPanel (FE) has an option "Explain Select
queries". Currently that is of no usage, since the $GLOBALS['TT'] Object
does not receive the needed information to show this Information.

Solution:
Attached is a patch with implements the feature. The code was initially
written by Kasper but was never committed. I only implemented the TS
admin panel integration.

Comments:
The patch is not DBAL compliant. Should we care? IMHO it can be
implemented later by request.

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2988

Branches: