[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6846: Enable tabs in tt_content records

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Jan 28 20:46:56 CET 2008

Hi,

Globally I find this nice, but I have a few niggles:

- the start and stop dates/times are not in the same place than for the
pages. If we really to unify the look and feel of the backend, then
those two field should be placed in the Access tab, as for pages.
Furthermore the section is still entitled "General options (continued)",
but its no continuation anymore...

- I'm a bit hesitant about the organisation of the tabs. The "General"
tabs displays the main fields most of the time, but not in the case of
the "Image" content element. In this case the image-related fields are
in a separate tab just like for "Text w/image", but I wonder if it
really makes sense here. Choosing what goes into which tab is not easy.
Strictly speaking I would say that the "General" tab should just contain
the Type and the Header palettes, but then that means having to switch
tab all the time...

- I don't quite understand why it is not possible to have a tab for
"Plugin options". Isn't it enough to introduce a --div-- at the right
place in the "types" for "list"? This is actually what exists now:

'showitem' => 'CType;;4;button;1-1-1, header;;3;;2-2-2, --div--,
list_type;;;;5-5-5, layout, select_key, pages;;12',

except that it's missing a label. But it works. Have I missed a point in
Benni's remark here?

- regarding Benni's remark about a missing label, that's
LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xml:tabs.images

- note that the patch doesn't apply properly to trunk anymore (nothing
bad, just to lots of "Array" to "array" transformations that get lost).

- and "Bugfix #7138: RTE is not rendered in Tabs" was not complete,
becasue the RTE still fails to load when the content element is saved
while the RTE is in a hidden tab.

As it is I would say I'm rather 0 on this :-/

Cheers

--

Francois Suter