[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7282: Show Realname of BE-User if available and link it to edit

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Jan 27 12:15:58 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> I know that this is in Jens' screens but after discussing this with
>> some core team members and Jens we decided to stay with the login name
>
> Should not such discussion to be more broad than "some" members? I did
> not see such discussion anywhere. Where did it happen? I am really
> interested because user-frienfdliness of the system is not good now and
> I have quite a lot of wishes from customers and editors.

I also didn't participate in this specific discussion, but in general I
think it's really good if the core developers also communicate in Skype
etc. to discuss some things the direct way. That way some bad ideas are
already filtered out before they hit the core list and some good ideas
evolve during the direct communication. Of course such a consensus of
just some core developers is not a rock solid decision, but a good
starting point for more comments in the core list.

cheers
Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht