[TYPO3-core] RFC correction: Feature #1585: Logfile by Request URI + configuration of Empty Referer handling + logline hook

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Sat Jan 26 15:30:08 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

I have filed a new request for this issue since the corrections have taken some
more time since I first planned.

Just to comment to your thoughts again:

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Solution:
>> (1) Introduce the option [requesturi] to config.stat_apache_pagenames
>

> I think of more interest is TYPO3_SITE_SCRIPT, which does not include
> any path parts before the actual TYPO3 root.

Having played a bit with this and asked some people using TYPO3's logs, I think
both REQUEST_URI and TYPO3_SITE_SCRIPT might be of interest, depending on the
individual intention. So why not introduce an option to log either of them? New
request has both options included.

> But both variables include the query part, which currently is not
> available for TYPO3 logging. I would like to see the query part removed
> (or an option to do so).

Option has been added in the new request.

>> (2) Though this is not an exact solution (which I think is not
>> possible due to
>> missing env var), it could be made configurable how to log hits with
>> an empty
>> referer (since Apache's direct address hits will be seen as empty
>> referer by
>> TYPO3). Introducing the property
>> stat_apache_NoRefererIsDirectAddress=[boolean]
>> for this reason (see attached .txt)
>

> AFAICS Apache uses for ALL empty fields in the log the -. So I suggest a
> "config.stat_apache_emptyValue = -" setting affecting both referer and
> user agent.

I have had a look to some Apache logs. I have not found an "" Referer being
logged (but maybe I just have not found it), but have found empty User Agents
being logged as "" in Apache's logfiles.

So the new request has separate options for both.

>> (3) On behalf of Thomas Oppelt: Add a LogLine hook to
>> tslib_fe->statistics():
>> TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['tslib/class.tslib_fe.php']['createLogLine'][]->createLogLine(&$LogLine,$this)
>>

> Wrong name. The name should start with the method's name (not the
> exiting hook in the method.) My suggestion: sys_stat-PreLogClass (odd
> but in sync with the old one). And I don't think we need references for
> passing strings.

Is corrected in new request.

Ralf