[TYPO3-core] FYI: Feature: Various enhancements to link dialogues in htmlArea RTE

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jan 24 12:21:50 CET 2008

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
>>> - When DAM is used, the DAM media browser is used for linking to
>>> files instead of the normal file browser. DAM upload may also be
>>> enabled.
>>
>> Why isn't the browser in the DAM?
>
> Probably because this way it just works out of the box without the
> he need to install an extra extension.

AFAIK the DAM consists of quite a number of extensions already. Ideally the
hook/browser would be implented in the base extension of DAM. But I don't
know the state of the DAM. All I know is that Rene has no time for it any
more, but I'm not sure if anyone else has taken his job nor if he released
the DAM so that someone can take over.

Masi