[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #4923: provide new inputfield "directorypicker" in BE

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Wed Jan 23 00:04:11 CET 2008

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: New feature

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4923

Branches:
trunk only

Problem:
Extend TCA-types with the possibilty to select a directory instead of only
picking a file. Could be used for e.g. Galleries, Filelists etc.

Solution:
This solution is initially provided by Andreas Wolf (thank you!)
With attached patch, the following is possible by TCA
[...]
'config' => Array (
	'type'=>'group',
	'internal_type'=>'folder',
[...]
),
[...]

There is a .t3x by Andreas attached as "dirpicker"-demo to the bugreport for
easy demonstration what it does.

Notes:
I haven't tested the patch heavily (though I _have_ tested it with the current
trunk). The original reporter redacted user just passed a request to me couple
of days ago for this feature to be included in 4.2 since this "dirpicker" seemed
top be quite well accepted.
Thanks for reminding, Boris.

Ralf Hettinger