[TYPO3-core] RFC #6872: Add suggest-like feature to TCEforms

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Jan 22 20:07:28 CET 2008

>  I created a new version of my patch, this time against trunk (Rev.
> 2926 at the moment) and using Benni's AJAX interface. I also cleaned
> up thecode a bit, but be prepared to find more to criticize ;)

Thanks for your hard work on this Andreas.  I'm excited to see this in
4.2 (I hope)!

I started trying to test and ran into one initial problem. In
suggestDefaultSelector->prepareSelectStatemen()t, the selectClause is
set even if getPageIdClause() didn't return anything. From my quick
reading of the code, getPageIdClause should only return a value when
there's been a specific TSConfig setting to limit the search to a pid.
 When this TSConfig isn't present, I get a SQL error because of AND ()
in the query.

I haven't made it any deeper in testing than that, but figured it was
worth pointing out before others try to test also.

Thanks,
Jeff