[TYPO3-core] RFC #6415: Bug: preg_replace error on php5.2 sometimes resulting in empty pages.

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jan 22 10:20:28 CET 2008

Jan-Erik Revsbech wrote: on 21.01.2008 21:35:

>> Yes, while I haven't seen this bug behaviour in "action" (haven't seen
>> so many links on one page), I think we must handle that. To further
>> consider this patch, Jan-Erik, can you please provide us a setup where
>> this issue arises? Maybe an exported t3x file.

> For some reason, I'm unable to export a T3d file, but I have set a test at
> http://t3dev.mocsystems.com
>
> On the page test1 config.prefixLocalAnchors is not set and on the page Test2
> it is set to: config.prefixLocalAnchors = all (Both pages are un-cached)
>
> The content is rather huge, and the HTML is not well-formatted, but this is
> a real page from one of our customers (Apart from the design which is just a
> dummy template).
>
> The code is the current SVN Trunk. As can be seen test2 simply return an
> empty page. I can prove a BE login to anyone interested (Just write me in
> private).

Ok, the page is really huge (>1 mb). I have tried to import that content
to my test environment (a html-element) and set

config.prefixLocalAnchors = 1

The content is parsed correctly and all local anchors got prefixed with
the current page URL. This was on Debian Linux (etch) with PHP 5.2.0 and
ini_get('pcre.backtrack_limit') gives me 100000 (default). Which is why
I now wonder, how to trigger that error?

Cheers,
Ernesto