[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #5421: Problem ignoring extension constraints

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Jan 18 19:10:11 CET 2008

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>
> Hey Ingmar,
>
>> Kasper more or less established the policy that admin-only
>> functionality is not localised, so all developers worldwide use the
>> same terms (while editors might use different ones and should always
>> have a fully localised interface).
>
> Well, I think we should really think about this, I'm all for dropping
> this policy and hava a full localizable BE.
> When developers want to talk about stuff, they most likely will use the
> english terms anyways.

Fine with me. I was just telling you the history about the non-localized
admin related part of the Backend.

But nevertheless I'm strongly against translating terms like "Template"
into German with words that just don't fit properly like Design or
Schablone....

So: A fully localized admin interface is fine with me, but please do not
try to translate terms that just make things less clear.

cheers
Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht