[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #5421: Problem ignoring extension constraints

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Jan 18 08:33:05 CET 2008

Hi,

> Kasper more or less established the policy that admin-only functionality
> is not localised, so all developers worldwide use the same terms (while
> editors might use different ones and should always have a fully
> localised interface).

This is quite surprising really. I think this is a good opportunity to
review that policy and IMO drop it altogether. You must also consider
that some part are localised already like the CSH for the EM. This means
that you have an interface with labels in English and CSH in some other
language.

As I said I have other priorities that localising the EM right now so
that leaves time for discussion, but I am strongly in favor of localising.

I should add that when I develop a new backend module - even admin-only
- I always localise it...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter