[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #7177: Page tree is not working in IE6/IE7

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jan 17 21:07:51 CET 2008

Hi!

Oliver Hader wrote:
> The charset in TYPO3AJAX was set to the value in
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] - even if it was blank. The
> solution is to check whether it real contains a string. Thus, the AJAX
> response was delivered with the wrong character encoding what mixed up
> Internet Explorer.

Just for the record&history: in my other ajax app (not related to TYPO3) I found that MSIE7 freezes completely if encoding is not set in xml prologue and xml contains non-ascii characters. So if anyone experience it, you know what was the cause. MSIE is such crap...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team