[TYPO3-core] FYI: Updated NEWS.TXT

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Tue Jan 15 22:14:24 CET 2008

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> So the policy now is to update NEWS.txt on each future commit? Should we
> drop the wiki page? When will the final editing take place? I would have
> found it much more productive if we could collaboratively editor that
> file on Wiki like we do with "pending documentation" and just publish
> the "full editted stuff" at the end, but ok.. I probably was the only
> one that had that wish.

Hm, I don't know what the best solution is. I just wanted to make a
beginning. I suggest that urgent changes for the upcoming alpha release
are committed directly to SVN.

For the next releases I tend to use the Wiki page. Thus also
Non-Core-Devs can improve the entries. But it's required that anyone who
changes things in the Wiki is logged in - anonymous changes will be
reverted without any further review.

I've put the current NEWS.txt of SVN revision 2904 to the Wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/4.2_NEWS.txt

olly
--
Oliver Hader