[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #6821: Empty paragraph-tags with attributes are not editable in RTE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jan 15 21:20:15 CET 2008

Stanislas Rolland wrote: on 06.01.2008 22:02:

> Problem:
> When an empty paragraph is saved, a non-breakable space is added so that
> it may be edited later in the RTE. However, when the paragraph has
> attributes, the non-breakable space is removed by RTE transformation
> processing.
>
> Solution:
> Keep the non-breakable space when the paragraph has attributes.
>
> Comments:
> This patch will work with trunk revision 2862+
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6821
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6642
>
> Branches: Trunk

Just tested, and it works. So +1.

But I wonder though if it is not enough just to compare
$divSplit[$k]=='<p>&nbsp</p>' to empty it, and leave it untouched on any
other situation. So that ugly preg_match isn't really needed anymore and
the code is more readable. It might not make sense, but stuff like

Cheers,
Ernesto