[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #7139: Integration of fe_users password encryption

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon Jan 14 18:40:40 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> I did a new patch that applies the changes only in tslib_feuserauth (as it
> is the right one for FE)
>
> To ensure no conflicts with mode "challenge" and "superchallenge" i hooked
> the function processLoginData and converted only if flag is set and security
> level is normal.
>
> tested and works.
>
> vg  Steffen

Hello Steffen,
I'm sorry, but for me your patch does not work. I tried on latest trunk.
Password field in Backend got transformed so that you only have stars.
Saving a feuser, does not set the password to md5 in the db and login
works fine with plaintext password. This is with integrated login box,
your felogin in  original version and with felogin in my changed version...
I checked files manually if the patch was applied correctly - it was.
Probably it is my fault, but in install tool and so on localconf
passwordtype is set to md5.
So far, please show mit what i did wrong...

Greetings from Aachen

Steffen