[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7148 - CSV Export Improvements in List Module

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Mon Jan 14 17:40:43 CET 2008

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Branches: Trunk only
(I ported it back to 4.0 for a client, should we bring it in 4.1 at least?)

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7148

Problem:
Exporting to CSV in the list module is limited.
* When saving as CSV, only the displayed records are in the CSV. When
people want data in a raw format like CSV, they don't want information
in a paged view.
* When exporting to CSV, fields are not processed, so instead of the
list of user groups in the fe users, we have a semicolon list "1,4,...".
This is not really "WYSIWYG".
* When saving to CSV, control fields like _CONTROL and _CLIPBOARD_ which
are always empty, are also exported. Totally unneeded.

Solution:
* The limit in the DB query is now set to the number of total records in
the table when saving to CSV
* The data is processed before prepared for CSV as well
* the fields _CLIPBOARD_ and _CONTROL_ are excluded when saving as CSV.

Notes:
These are small, but really important fixes if you use the list tool
quite often. I did not make 3 patches for it, please forgive me for that
;-).

--
greetings,
benni.