[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #2797: sendFlag for mail in htmlmail

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sat Jan 12 21:49:53 CET 2008

Hi,

Daniel Pötzinger schrieb:
> Oliver Klee schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> -1 because the function already returns a boolean that indicates
>> success/failure. We should use that instead (and properly document it in
>> the function comment).
>>
>> In addition, using a member variable to indicate the return value of a
>> function makes my programming-style hairs stand on end ...
>>
> I fully agree on oliver. At least the core development should follow
> clean development.
>
> Why not just return false if mail send fails?

Thanks guys for your attention, you're right! The initial bug report was
about the missing return value in t3lib_htmlmail::send(). The more
specific change in t3lib_htmlmail::sendTheMail() is additional but it
makes sense to check whether the mail was really accepted for delivery
and return this boolean value.

The attached patch removes the $this->mailWasSent flag from the previous
patch and implements the requested corrections in the methods send() and
sendTheMail().

olly
--
Oliver Hader