[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #2797: sendFlag for mail in htmlmail

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Jan 12 17:23:53 CET 2008

Hi,

"Oliver Klee" <typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1200154202.1368.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
> -1 because the function already returns a boolean that indicates
> success/failure. We should use that instead (and properly document it in
> the function comment).

the return value does not return the success of mail, only if mail is
executed. So it does not indicate that mail was sent successfully, only if
parameters are ok to send the mail.
I did the flag to be compatible, so there are 2 checks:
$ret = $htmlmail->sendTheMail(); //$ret is true if all params are filled and
mail was executed
$htmlmail->mailWasSent // returns result of mail-function

> In addition, using a member variable to indicate the return value of a
> function makes my programming-style hairs stand on end ...

looks nice :-)
I see no other way without breaking compatibility.

vg  Steffen