[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #7124: Add some more functionality to new AJAX interface in the TYPO3 back-end

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Fri Jan 11 12:10:56 CET 2008

This is a SVN patch request.

Changes:
* changing namespace of ajaxIds from e.g. "foldertree_ExpandCollapse"
   to "SC_alt_db_navframe::ExpandCollapse"
* add TYPO3AJAX::setContent($content) to completely overwrite the
   data array
* add the possibility to use a non-associative content array by
   addContent(null, 'whatever')
* add the missing format types "jsonhead" and "jsonbody"
* fix some phpdoc related things

Comments:
The change for the namespace, e.g. "SC_alt_db_navframe::ExpandCollapse"
has to possibility to see AJAX request as part of a module since "::" is
used as delimiter for "<module>::<action>". This makes it easier to
determine the initial module (the origin) of an AJAX request if multiple
other classes are involved.
If this namespace scheme is accepted, I'm going to write an add-on for
the documentation showing developers how to find a good ajaxId.

I'd like to get these modifications into the Core very soon, because the
changes for IRRE to use the new AJAX interface depend on this patch.

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7124

Branch: Trunk

olly