[TYPO3-core] RFC #6872: Add suggest-like feature to TCEforms

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Tue Jan 8 18:04:58 CET 2008

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Wolf schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: New feature
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6872
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> Selecting records from a nested page-structure can be quite difficult,
> especially if you search for a record and only know the title.
>

> Solution:
> This patch adds new options to TCA to show an input box next to fields
> of type "group". While typing in this input box, calls to the server are
> triggered and records matching the search-value are returned. Some may
> know this feature from Google Suggest.

I like the idea of having such feature with TYPO3 very much, but here
are some small annotations:
- search RFC #7096 by Benni Mack and try to implement it with your
feature (since I'm going to change IRRE as well and alt_doc_ajax.php
will be removed until TYPO3 4.2.0-final)
- remove redunance from your code - there are some copy & pastes from
other Core parts which doesn't seem to be changed - so, please use the
original functions
- putting the new feature to a new class is fine with me, but we need a
common name/scheme for it - maybe this feature is not only useful for
TCEforms. What do others think?

olly
--
Oliver Hader