[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cosmetic Change Sitemap to Special Menus #7093

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 7 07:58:25 CET 2008

Hi, Steffen!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Type: Cosmetic Change

> change wording to "Special Menus", change default value from wizard to "Menu
> of these pages"

In general I am neutral to the idea, mainly because it will be very unclear to old existing TYPO3 users to undersrtand where their favorite Sitemaps disappeared and what are these special menus. But this is not a reason to block HCI team changes because they make lots of sence.

Unfortunately pure technical -1 to the patch for now because it breaks language packs for previous TYPO3 versions. Existing labels may not be altered or deleted.

Corresponding block in the patch:

> -			<label index="CType.I.12">Menu/Sitemap</label>
> +			<label index="CType.I.12">Special Menus</label>

You have to introduce and use another label but keep existing ones for compatibility with 3.x, 4.0.x and 4.1.x branches. Remember: language packs are shared for all TYPO3 versions! So if you change CType.I.12, people will have "Sitemap" in English but "Special menus" in translated versions! You need to add CType.I.12.A or something similar (may be even CType.I.12.Special_menus).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team