[TYPO3-core] FYI: (major) Feature: Improved handling of block elements by htmlArea RTE

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Sat Jan 5 23:50:36 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] a écrit :

>> This patch requires the following patch
>> RFC: Feature #6845: Make preserving DIV sections a configurable RTE
>> processing option
>> which is still under review.
>
> Does it mean that RTE in trunk is broken? From the post it looks like
> you committed a patch, that requires non-committed patch? Or did I
> misunderstand?

Yes and no. If you do not install the patch for feature #6845, then the
div containers may not be transformed the way one would want/expect them
to be.

However, you can configure the RTE so that div containers are not
produced by the RTE by setting, for example,
RTE.default.buttons.formatblock.removeItems = div
or
RTE.default.hidePStyleItems = div

Not sure how else to proceed, because it may not be easy to test feature
#6845 without the features introduced in the RTE.

Regards,
Stanislas