[TYPO3-core] SVN closed for now, do not commit!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 29 09:44:04 CET 2008

Hi!

Francois Suter wrote:
> The issue is that ever since v5 was
> announced the first number cannot be increased anymore...

But we can use names instead of numbers. No one says Windows 8, everyone says Windows Vista (btw, "Vista" is "Chicken" in Latvian, very comical here).

We could have internal number 4.3 but name "TYPO3 Venus" or whatever. This aproach should have been taken for 5.0 but it is too late to change 5.0 name now.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team