[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6601 Speed up link rendering by implementing some local caches

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Feb 27 21:03:52 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> This is a patch request fro trunk.
>
> Problem: tslib_content::typolink uses some functions of t3lib_pageSelect
> (via tslib_fe) that are likly to be called with the same arguments
> during the rendering of a single page. These functions make SQL queries
> which is a waste of the DB servers resources.
>
> Solution: cache the result of those functions locally.
>
> Bug reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6601

I have noticed a problem with one of these caches. It seems that getPage()
can be called twice and in-between TYPO3 may change the language. Probably
only the case for the current page, when refetched for eg a menu or a link.

Nonetheless I have changed the key for the cache to accomodate for
sys_language and also other object properties that might change in-flight.

I have commited patch as beta3 is nearing. Everything is fine now, but
maybe we must revert to a none cached version for the final if there are
more hidden dependencies for the cache key.

Masi