[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 26 13:19:29 CET 2008

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> The timezone detection is a completely different thing in Win32 and Unix
> environments. Different API provided by the OS, so also different
> PHP-code to handle that. Even the zone names differ.

PHP uses internal timezone database since version 5.1. It does not use zone information from OS. There is a good explanation of it all in PHP manual. There is a setting named "date.timezone" that should be set for proper timezone handling in PHP. PHP issues notice if it is not set but date() is used. So Windows should behave the same as Linus if they have the same version of TZ database.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team