[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Feb 25 16:39:24 CET 2008

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Where are you seeing this? We always subtract the TZoffset in JavaScript
>  (using "-xxx.getTimezoneOffset()*60"). So the date the client sends to
> the server should be UTC.

I am not sure how many times I have to quote myself :( Quoting again, the very first message in this thread:

0. ...Let's use $TIME for indication of current ~local~ time.
2. jsfunc.tbe_editor.js ~substructs~ the value of "getTimezoneOffset()" from $TIME and stores result in hidden form field. Value of "getTimezoneOffset()" is "-2h" for UTC+2. Due to substruction we now have $TIME+2h in the hidden form now. It is important, so I repeat: we have local time + 2h in the hidden form field. This is time in future.

You can find the rest in the first message of this thread. It is all there. And in bug report.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team