[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 25 13:45:13 CET 2008

Ingmar Schlecht wrote: on 25.02.2008 13:41:

> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>>> What do you meant with "submitting"? Submitting to the core list, or
>>> *committing* to SVN?
>>
>> Yes, "commited" is what I meant.
>>
>> a) I posted a patch for review (30.4.2007), which included a patch to
>> tcemain.
>>
>> b) after several months we decided to integrate that, as it "looked
>> ok" and little manpower was there to really review it in depth or come
>> up with a different solution.
>>
>> c) I committed the changes (22.11.2007) from my working copy, but in
>> the list of files to commit the t3lib_tcemain.php file was missing, so
>> that part of the patch never entered trunk.
>
> Thanks for clarifying! To me it all looks like the perfect solution is
> to compile a patch that:
>
>     - Includes the forgotton tcemain part of your patch
>     - Fixes the small obvious issues discovered in this thread like
>       wrong handling of "half timezones" etc.

I would like to first know if the missing tcemain part of the patch
really solves the "main" issue here, before starting to fix other stuff
that might be related. That part is attached to my post from 10h11. So
if Dmitry and others that have had that problem in "real-life" could
clarify that, we (even I) could then fix the "utopic-life" issues like
the "server is located in a half-timezone" issue.

Cheers,
Ernesto