[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 25 11:24:33 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 25.02.2008 10:35:
> "Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]" <ernst at cron-it.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1203930719.1386.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi,
>>
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> we really missed you with this discussion :-)
>
> one point we found is that timezone/100 doesn't work with half timeuones

True. We should switch all "(date('O')/100)*60*60" to "date('Z')".

And as I found out Windows based PHP doesn't know any "non-standard"
timezone (e.g. +0430 they will always return "+0000" and "0"). So
running a Windows server on one of those bizarre timezones will get you
in trouble either way you do it. Under Unix-PHP it looks ok (tested with
Debian Linux).

> second point was that storing UTC we have the problem that BE Forms does it,
> but all extensions use time().

After my patch, we don't store UTC (read my post..) but still store
server-TZ, as we always have done, so extensions work like they always
do and when upgrading everything in DB is unchanged.

> If you have some time it would be useful to read in this thread.

Have done so. Please test my patch, and see if it works.

Cheers,
Ernesto