[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Feb 24 20:05:16 CET 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1203872231.14591.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> <rant>
> Steffen, please, update bug report. At the moment your note says: "My
> patch converts all times for server timezone, further notes are in core
> list.". I am sorry but this is not acceptable. If you refer to a post,
> give at least a link. Or better link and copy/paster message text. Bug
> reports and notes must be descriptive. Do not force users to spend their
> time searching for your single post in thousands of messages. Look at my
> original report: there is both a link and a text. It is easy to understand
> the problem and solution without searching lists.
>
> Even now I do not understand to what message you refer. Need a link.
> </rant>

Dmitry, i spent a couple of hours to help fix this problem. I had to leave
in the afternoon so i attached the patch in BT to be correct with a short
reference to this thread. I can copy the explanation later to it.
Did anyone tested what i've done? I think we should come to a solution here
to get a proper date handling in 4.2.
Any further enhancements have time until 4.3.

vg  Steffen