[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Feb 24 14:30:18 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> my intention was to show the time in BE in servers timezone to prevent
> double conversion.

I thought we send the time back to the server in UTC? Where would be the
  double conversion.

> this can be enhanced by "Show dates in x timezone", but until this isn't
> done i used servers timezone.
>
> I think we first need a correct handling and then we can enhance display
> modes.

Fine with me. If the server sends (ie generates an approriate JS
variable to hold) the required offset everything should be fine - except
for one option: "use client TZ". The server doesn't knows it and this is
the only case where the client defines it.

Idea: if the JS variable that holds the TZ is NULL (or not present) then
it will be filled with the client's offset.

With an implementation like that we're open for all kind of configurations.

Masi