[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Feb 22 22:25:24 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> This is what I am trying to communicate all this time: VALUE IN THE
> DATABASE IS ALWAYS +CLIENT_TZ IN THE FUTURE! May be I am not saying it
> clear enough to show all seriousness of the problem...
>
> We should not have released beta2 with such a big bug discovered :(

Ingo and I have though about this, and we considered it to be better to
release Beta 2 now without the fix, because the fix hasn't been tested
enough yet. The other option would have been to wait another few days,
but then again, we can also just release a Beta 3 in a few days in which
this bug is fixed, and the fix is properly tested!

cheers
Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht