[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 22 18:42:58 CET 2008

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1203696929.18581.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> This patch fixes the TCEforms part. The server should now send UTC time
>>> to the client.
>>
>> What value will be (1) shown in BE and (2) stored in the database? If it
>> is UTC, it still breaks extensions.
>
> In the BE the time stays as entered, but in the DB it seems to be the TZ
> of the client !?!? I have fiddled with my TZ setting of Windows and
> restarted FF everytime. Or do I have to reboot?
>
> I would like to here a word from Ernesto would his original intentions
> were.
>
> Masi

As it seems Ernesto isn't available atm please have a look in this list to
the post of Ernesto

Re: [TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #1697: Datetime input fields and timezone shift
bug: REMINDER
from 12.Oct 2007

There you see the intention:
- send UTC to the server
- patch in tceforms uses gmmktime instead of mktime to use UTC + server
timezone offset

vg  Steffen