[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Feb 22 16:22:12 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Otherwise the problem seems to be that the idea was to make sure UTC
>> is sent from and to the server. I don't see why this cannot be fixed
>> as well. It's "just a matter of debugging". :-)
>
> Can you do it? If yes, I am willing to test the patch. If no, we have to
> solve it the other way.

This patch fixes the TCEforms part. The server should now send UTC time to
the client.

I didn't fiddle with the JS code, because of the complex code. Too much
storing times in local and global variables to understand in such a short
time. But to me it seems that is just unnecessarly complex in getting the
UTC time of a date object.

Anyway, I have set my Windows PC to +2 and I'm getting correct results in
the BE for my +1 server using FF.

Masi