[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Feb 22 15:34:01 CET 2008

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> most of the code you are removing with your patch is actually reverting
> half of Ernesto's patch #1697 committed to trunk some time during the
> 4.2 development phase, and must have unfortunately introduced the bug
> you were experiencing.
>
> We should just revert the first patch completely and then figure out the
> right solution for 4.3; better live with the same old bug all old TYPO3
> versions had than making a risky mix of old and new behaviour now, which
> potentially brings up even more bugs.

Don't panic!

It seems that parts of the patch are dubious, but I don't think
everything's lost.

One major flaw is the offset handling in hours rather than minutes
(date('O')/100 !). Easy to fix.

Otherwise the problem seems to be that the idea was to make sure UTC is
sent from and to the server. I don't see why this cannot be fixed as well.
It's "just a matter of debugging". :-)

Masi