[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6846: Enable tabs in tt_content records (new)

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 22 10:43:18 CET 2008

"Ingmar Schlecht" <ingmar at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1203672648.8139.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Steffen,

> I just tested the patch, and have to agree with Benni on this point. Even
> though I see your point with having all image options in the first tab for
> the "image only" content element, I find it a little confusing. So for the
> sake of consistency I vote for moving it into the Media tab even for the
> "image" CE.
>
> - The "To top" flag is still inconsistently placed: It's in the media tab
> for "Text with Image" but in General at all other places.
>
> In general, I am in favour of having an even leaner General tab with
> basically just "type", "title", and "header" (plus a few more general
> options maybe), but having ALL specific content element related options in
> a separate tab... What do you think?

Hi Ingmar,

yes, i thought about same, bit iirr it was you wanting the main options in
first tab?
I'm not sure about, but to have a lean general tab would be the most
consistence way.
on the other hand you will need 2 clicks to change the important data.

That's why i would prefer having main fields on first tab, though image only
would be not that consistent.
I thought about possibility to rename the "General" tab, then it would be
possible to use "Media" for first tab with image only, that would give
possibility to be consistent through without loosing user comfort.

"to top" should be always at same place, i put it at last place on the first
tab, where isn't it?

vg Steffen