[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7605: Backend Alignment Problems in Internet Explorer

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Feb 21 00:36:49 CET 2008

Ingo Renner wrote:
>  as your recent RFCs all target IE and maybe specifically IE6, could
> you maybe investigate a browser switch so that these things only
> bloat up IE? A direction to look to might be t3lib_div and/or regular
> TS
>  conditions...

Any Javascript is already set up to use the Prototype.Browser.IE
property to just target IE.  On the CSS side of things, I don't think
we really add any complexity and in some cases it's *simpler* with the
improved IE support which really surprised me.

I can look at conditional inclusion of the IE compatibility javascript
file if you'd like though.  The code within the file already checks
for IE before doing anything.

Thanks,
Jeff